As Executive Director I manage the operations and supervise the staff of NUES. I also work directly with and report to the NUES Board of Directors. My assignment involves representing NUES at State, Region, District and School level meetings to coordinate services, assess needs and to research, promote and implement best practices through collaboration with entities such as the Utah State Board of Education, the Utah State Legislature, the Utah System of Higher Education, the Utah Education Network, the Utah Rural Schools Association, the Regional Service Centers and the nine rural school districts and five charter schools that we serve. Equity of educational opportunities for students in our region is our primary focus.
A learner first, leader second — that’s how Piper Riddle would describe her approach to leadership. Piper is in her 10th year as a school principal and her 23rd year in education. She has also served as a classroom teacher, an instructional coach, a curriculum specialist, an instructional PD facilitator, and an adjunct professor. Piper is passionate about student-centered learning, evidence-based instruction, and restorative practices.
Piper’s favorite role is that of student. She has an Ed.S. from Utah State U, a M.Ed. from Southern Utah U, Endorsements in Reading, Math, Leadership, and Curriculum, and is a diehard fan of her alma mater — Boise State U, where she received her Elementary Ed. B.A. Go Broncos!
- Masters of Education, Southern Utah University, 2008
- Education Specialist (Ed.S.), Utah State University, 2013
- Bachelor of Arts, Elementary Education, Boise State University, 1997
- Curriculum Endorsement, Utah State University, 2013
- Leadership Endorsement, Utah State University, 2012
- Reading Endorsement, Brigham Young University, 2009
- Math Endorsement, Southern Utah University, 2009
- K-8 Principal – Wasatch Learning Academy – Wasatch School District
- Elementary School Principal – Wasatch School District
- Elementary School Principal – Canyons School District, 2013-2017
- EBL Specialist – Canyons School District, 2009-2013
- Instructional Coach – Wasatch School District, 2007-2009
- 5th Grade Teacher – Wasatch School District, 2005-2007
- Private Tutor and Educational Consultant, 1999-2005
- 4th Grade Teacher – Wasatch School District, 1997-1999