The Media Specialist maintains the NUES media library, schedules media materials to be used by the teachers in the region, coordinates and maintains delivery to the schools. The Media Specialist also works cooperatively with the media staff in the schools as a resource and provides eBooks through the SORA Student Reading Digital Library. She also represents the region by participating in the Utah Instructional Media Consortium (UIMC) for the purpose of obtaining new materials and media resources for the region. NUES partners with the STEM action center and four Utah Museums outreach programs to provide educational kits.
The NUES SORA Digital Library is available for students and educators to borrow eBooks and AudioBooks from the digital collection. NUES has over 10,000 titles focused on the interests of elementary, middle and high school students.
- SORA training for use in libraries and classrooms
- SORA promotional ideas and materials
- Educational kits delivered directly to schools
- Media Specialist Collaborations
- BS Travel and Tourism, BYU with minors in History and Spanish
- Substitute Teacher, ELL Aide and Teacher’s Aide Wasatch School District 2007-13.
- Utah Instructional Materials Consortium (UIMC)
- Volunteer work for the Daughter’s of Utah Pioneers and Harp Irish Dance Company.